Friday, June 29, 2012

Sizzle, sizzle

A couple of months back I went through the crazy process of getting certified to give tours in DC.  A friend of mine is out of town for the next week or so and said I could squat in her place while she is gone.  I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to drum up some business and put a little extra cash in my pocket.

I designed a really interesting tour of all the sites centered around the Lincoln assassination.  Today I trekked into DC hoping to lead a couple of tours, but was greeted with the most oppressive heat I think I have ever experienced.  I handed out some "Paul" postcards advertising the One if by Land site and invited people on a tour.  Most of them looked at me like I was nuts. Then again, I was walking the streets of DC with a Paul Revere doll and geysers of sweat erupting out of me.  I guess I would be hesitant to follow such an individual too.

Although today was a wash out, actually sweat out, it was really nice to see one of my high school classmates on the Metro going into the city.  Like the cliche says, it really is a small world.

Now, on to my ice bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment