Monday, June 25, 2012

The Lost Colony=Lost Cause

The tempest forms
Yesterday while driving I was thinking about where I should head to next.  I had planned on visiting Williamsburg and Jamestown again, but then I thought how cool it would be to visit the outer banks of North Carolina and see the outdoor production of The Lost Colony which is some sort of dramatic retelling of the Roanoke story.  They have been performing this thing every summer for the last 75 years with the exception of during World War II.

Much to my dismay a massive storm decided to roll through which cancelled the performance so here I am now sitting in what looks like the Bates Motel passing my time.  Hey, at least they have working Wi-Fi.

Tomorrow I will get to see Fort Raleigh where the lost settlement was and will even have the chance to head out to Kitty Hawk where the Wright Brothers conducted their first flight in 1903.   In the meantime, at least I can watch this little video of The Lost Colony and at least pretend I saw the real deal.


No comments:

Post a Comment